The Northwest Composers Project is an ongoing effort by the Beaverton Symphony Orchestra to showcase the work of living Northwest composers.
The orchestra has presented works by these composers:
- John Corigliano - Elegy for Orchestra (Jan 2012)
- Samuel Jones - Listen Now, My Children (Nov 2013)
- 3 Leg Torso - various - (Jan 2014)
- Matt Doran - Comic Overture (May 2014)
- Bonnie Miksch - Sky buoy and other bodies (Mar 2015)
- Vytas Nagisetty - Bobby Fischer and Danser (Apr 2015), 346 (April 2016)
- Kenji Bunch - Nocturne for String Orchestra (May 2015)
- Salvador Brotons - Catalan Rhapsody No. 2 for Orchestra (Oct 2015)
- Ryan Hare - Maracanazo for Orchestra (May 2016)
- Tomas Svoboda - Festive Overture, Op.103 (Jan 2017)
- Emily Doolittle - green/blue (May 2017)
We look forward to continuing this effort in future seasons.